Some of the following are articles Tom has written for the International Municipal Signal Association Journal. They may be based on previous editions of the NEC and code requirements may of changed. Other documents are handouts used in classes.
These articles are provided in pdf format. You will need Adobe’s Free Reader available at Adobe.com.
- NEC or NESC? Which Applies to Traffic Signal and Roadway Lighting Applications?
- NEC Rules for Traffic Signal and Roadway Lighting Electrical Services
- NEC Wire Color Requirements for Traffic Signal & Street Lighting Applications
- Traffic Signal Wireless Antenna Installations
- NEC Requirements for Signs and Labels Used for Traffic Signal & Roadway Lighting Applications: Part 1 Part 2
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters
- Generator Grounding: When Are Ground Rods Required at Portable Generators?
- Transient Voltage Surge Suppression
- Understanding Article 725 Low Voltage Wiring Requirements